Monday, May 5, 2014

Lexington? how did we get here?


Off to a new journey - that of a re-transplanted flatlander.

As you know I've lived in Virginia, Oklahoma, Kansas, Louisiana, Washington State, and now Kentucky.  The work path, Parkinson's path, and other forces converged to where Jon and I (and of course Harold) relocated for work....to Lexington KY.

A state in which I've never lived and only rode through when I was very young when Mom decided to leave Virginia for Kansas.

We also went from being homeowners to apartment dwellers - yet another change.  The Parkinsons has gotten to the point that stairs became problematic for Jon.  So now the only sort of 'step' we have is the curb.  This is a good thing.

We also live within minutes - less than 5 mostly - from most things we need.  This gets him out and about more.  He is loving the Krogers that is literally about 2 minutes from the apartment.

How did this all come about?  Well during Harold's silence (Citalopram - forgot the brand name - tends to stifle the muse so he was in hiding), I took a job in Rockville.  That company was purchased by the company where I now work.  My new supervisor wanted me in Lexington, Jon and I spoke about it, and decided it was Thundercats GO.  No we didn't consult the cats.  Or the bird.  Actually she's very lucky I didn't rehome her - I almost did.  However things converged and the community where we had the most interest allows birds not counted as a pet.  Therefore we could keep both cats and the bird.

Harold however is itching for the camera.  Everything here is so green.  Everything here is so ... pastorale for lack of a better spelled word.  Actually he has been fascinated with the changing light on the trees out on our front porch - the photo above.

Just wait til I take him on the walking trails.  I'm hoping Jon can join us - with Parkinsons it's not one day at a time but literally one hour at a time -- as we found out at Target on Saturday when his body rebelled without warning or reason.

One day at a time.  One hour at a time.  One minute at a time.  Tough for a consummate planner such as myself.

However, as Harold often reminds me - I adapt.  I may kick and scream but I will adapt.

...and yes so will my muse.  He's already eyeing the canine traffic out the back patio .......


The photo above was taken from my front porch a few days ago.  It really is beautiful and quiet here.

No comments: