Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sometimes it really is the little things


Like unexpectedly having a guest show up in a photo.  That was taken the last time we were at Virginia Beach.  Barring any large issues or catastrophes, we shall be back next week for a few days.

I've bemoaned to all who will listen that I never get an entire week off.  In the end, that might be a good thing -- for Jon.  I don't know how he'd handle being away from home for an entire week.  He seems ok with our 4 day mini vacation though.  I promised him that if he chose he could just stay in the hotel room and sit on the balcony.  *I* - however - have plans to play in the pool (memo to me - check to make certain their pool is still up and functional), walk on the beach, and take tons of photos.

We have also considered doing small trips to places I've not been like Philadelphia and Gettysburg.  Of course Em you'd be invited if you chose to schlep along with us.  I'm still wanting to do a trip to Salem MA at some point but that will take some major planning.

For now, it's the little things:  4 days and 3 nights.  Who cares if the weather prevails or not.

It's not like they close the beach for rain ....................

2 comments:

TheDivineMsEm said...

You know me, I'm up for anything....and I adore Salem (as a child of New England parents I've been there a few times) so your wish is my command, dear friend.....

Unknown said...

I'll definitely keep that in mind Em. This disease is so friggin fickle: Saturday Jon was great and today I can barely get him out of the chair. Blech. However I might have to kidnap you for a Gettysburg run sometime.....AFTER we try the zoo that is :)