Friday, February 1, 2008

Waiting waiting waiting



Last week I joined a gym. It had been a long time coming and it was really needed. Since I've moved here I've been pretty sedentary what with no yard to mow, no cows to milk, no huge gardens [side note - my back yard is smaller than my smallest garden in Kansas] ... you get the drill. I'd been sitting on my butt ...

....which has gotten bigger and bigger. Add to that the fact that I quit smoking via the cheezits method (a box a day for a while --- I wish I was kidding but hey I've been smoke free for 6 years this March 24th) and my shape was not a good shape.

I'm also worried about the health concerns. I'm a near-to-mid-40s female. If I don't fix it now it won't ever get fixed.

So yes --- I ponied up the $$$ to join Golds. I even ponied up a few more $$$ to get a personal trainer for a few sessions. I figure in for a penny in for a pound and all that jazz...besides it had to be done so I gritted my teeth ....

....and found I actually like it. No really -- there's just something rather wonderful about doing something for yourself and no one else ! Even if other people have to wait --- they have to wait :) That hour per day is mine and whoa does it ever go FAST ! However, I came home last night to find that Jon had started supper for me and everything. That hasn't happened in forever.

Maybe this gym thing has some other extra perks eh?

Maybe sometimes being a little bit selfish isn't a bad thing after all .....
**the picture above is of Archimedes -- my oldest son's Russian Blue. I took that last summer and it's of Archimedes watching for his 'daddy' to come home. Oddly - the Ford Escape he's looking at happens to *be* Robert's car ......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Stephanie on doing something just for you! And I'm so glad to have "found" you again after your departure from 360. I'm not certain you'll remember me since we hadn't been on each other's friends list for very long but I always enjoyed your blogs and pictures on 360 and look forward to doing so as well here.
Cassandra

Unknown said...

Hi Cassandra. I'm sorry I bailed on 360 but if you read back a bit on here you might see why. I had this blog for a bit before then.

I hope 360 transitions into something usable. If so I might be back over there but I will definitely keep this blog here.