Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sharing a memory




sometimes things just happen - I prefer to think they're more than coincidence.

Yesterday evening Jon and I went to Team Wench's 2008 Privateer Feast (for breast cancer research) which is basically where a bunch of us dress up like pirates, eat food, drink whatever we brought, share stuff, hug, cry, and listen to some great music. It is all for a great cause and one that we're very happy to help support

It just so happened as I was wandering through the raffle room - seeing what I might want to purchase tickets for - that I heard this song:






Of course this will probably not mean much to most of you but for me it was a memory of Mom's portable record player and the boxes and boxes of 45s. The man singing the song (Son of Strum - John Durant Jr.) was rather baffled by my mouthing allll the words. But then again this was one I knew very well as it was one of Mom's favorites. It gave me a happy moment. Those have been so very few and far between recently.

I just wish I would've thought to phone her during the performance and had her listen -- she would've loved it.
the photo above was taken at the last song when all the acts get on stage to sing at once.

No comments: