Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My muse has good taste


Yes Harold, for as picky as he is, shares my love of music and often my taste in music.


I can always tell when Harold's listening because I seem to hear even the most familiar in a new way or an old, near forgotten memory is dredged up.


Currently I'm doing a 70's overload (no disco thankyouverymuch) and am taken back to the days of Friday night football games and Friday night dances and just for a moment I remember the feel and freedom again of just being 'in' the music ... it's intoxicating. Remembering how your body felt moving to Frankenstein or Feels Like The First Time or The Stroke or alternately swaying in someone's arms to Stairway to Heaven or Wonderful Tonite. You didn't need any outside substances because the music itself was so very intoxicating. Sometimes the adrenaline rush would near carry til the next day.


Isn't it sad as we're older and can appreciate it more, the opportunities are less?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Isn't it sad as we're older and can appreciate it more, the opportunities are less?"

And isn't that true of almost everything as we get older - ah, the bitter ironies of life :(

Unknown said...

I know - I've always been a big fan of celebrate everything but now I've been reminded of the necessity of celebrating every moment.

...and on that note we have a beer tour scheduled this weekend :D