Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Daily Zen for October 30, 2007


Kuei-shan asked Yun-yen,

“What is the seat of enlightenment?”

Yun-yen said,

“Freedom from artificiality.”




Another one that I especially like - freedom from artificiality. It doesn't say to abandon the artificial but rather to 'free' yourself from it.


Lately I've found I'm surrounding myself more and more with the 'real life' community as opposed to the 'virtual community'. It's not that I don't love my online friends, but an online (((hug))) just can't compare to the real thing. We as human beings need the touch of others. I've also found I've quite narrowed my group of online friends to the ones I know very well - those I know (or hope I know) to be more real - less artificial.


I've abandoned the artificial IRL friends as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that maybe the shake-up with Yahoo has done an unexpected favour in that respect. When you feel you are about to lose contact with people, you suddenly realise who you really appreciate.
Nothing is more important than real life, this is just a complimentary reality, a bonus, in my humble opinion anyway.

Unknown said...

Oh so well put Fran - they (you) *are* a bonus - a wonderful compliment to my life.

Things appear to happen for a reason. I'm finding a renewal of the love of blogging over here. I might at some point wander to wordpress but I doubt I"ll go back to Multiply for much.