Monday, October 22, 2007

Later a full update



...but for now a blip from yesterday.

Call it a 'captured memory'.

On the latest Pyrates Royale CD is a song called "Our Boat". It's a take off of "Our House" by The Beatles. So during the bridge (where everyone sings la la lalalala la la) Skivvee sings something else.

What could this be?

I couldn't hear because although he has a wonderfully deep voice, the higher tones are drowning him out.

So - in my most alluring pose (and voice) I ask him what it would 'take' to get him to tell me what he sings at the bridge.

You would've thought I asked a 5 year old to show me his toy car collection. The seductive pose was blatantly ignored (I'll tease him about that later) and I heard more about the book Two Years Before The Mast (by William Henry Daley) than I'd EVER heard.

(funny side note - yes Jon has read it. I'm surrounded by geeks *snicker*)

Anyway ... he sings this part where the captain is dressing down a crew member who was asleep on the watch and denies it.

Yes he proudly sang it for me.

All I can say is - in all honesty - THAT'S SKIVEE .........

No comments: