Sunday, October 21, 2007

Celebrating the day


Today is the last day of MDRF for the season. In a record breaking move, we've actually missed 4-6 days out of 19 this year. I vowed it would not happen again.

We missed Oktoberfest
We missed a very good friends proposal
We missed people down for only one weekend
We missed some of the best days of faire.

---basically for naught. Especially missing yesterday which was - according to her doctor describing the emergency office visit - "totally unnecessary".

We will be going today. I will celebrate this day with my husband knowing - as always - there's a risk this might be the last time he can enjoy faire.

I know the anger isn't healthy and doesn't do any good but dammit the escapades of a teenage (70 year old) drama queen is robbing me of precious time with my husband.

Today however I put the anger aside and celebrate an unusual 78 degree Autumn day.

No comments: