Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Harold's idea of Feng Shui


I've mentioned before the maximization of empty space.  It's not for esthetic value.  It's not for traditional Feng Shui, it's simply a necessity with Parkinsons.

However Jon's chair.  OMG the CHAIR. It's big.  It's bulky.  It doesn't really fit anywhere.  If our cable hookups were on an interior wall it would work and work beautifully.  However as Harold gently reminded me, it's not about me.

So I lost the coffee table.  Just no flow-through with it.  The chair is the perfect place to Jon to get into and out of and meander about.  It works well where it is even if it's a bit, well, out in the living space.  We still have spaces for him to safely move from one area to the other.

Feng-ing the Shui - our way I guess.

of course that also meant we needed to rethink the tv stand.  one is on order with amazon - i believe i need power tools and of course a TON of patience.

I cannot take credit for the photo.  It came from www.decoist.com  A nifty site about balance and beauty.

No comments: