Saturday, July 7, 2012

Places you never thought you'd find yourself



The last few weeks have been something else alllll together.  Last we left our intrepid heroine, we were making room for change.  Apparently we did such a good job it was changes.

and then some.

I'm certain you will recognize the Virginia Beach view from the photo.  We had planned a Wednesday - Saturday mini-vacay end of June.  However, I was contacted by a security company who wanted to interview me so I figured oh well we'll just leave a little later on Wednesday and I'll squeeze that interview in first.

HA.  After 3 hours, they offered me the job and I agreed to start 2 weeks after the following Monday.  That meant we left for Va Beach a bit later and of course that was alllll we talked about on the way down but it did give us 3 days to make plans and such.  As you can see from the photo, it was a stormy windy vacation. Still the ocean doesn't close for wind or rain.

I now find myself doing payroll and general accounting for a union based security firm.  That is definitely not something I ever anticipated.  I find myself driving the beltway to get to work - another thing I thought I would never do again.  Instead of the relaxed atmosphere of my prior employment, I am not in a place that does not even recognize dress down Friday nor are jeans allowed.

However it's room to grow and learn and Jon bless him is sooooo proud.  Also the insurance, while still quite expensive, is a better plan that what I had before.

My darling husband.  Make room for it and it will happen.  Perhaps I need to ask him how to make room for a winning lottery ticket.  Do you give it its own room?  :)

photo taken June 2012 Virginia Beach, VA

3 comments:

JBinford-Bell said...

Congrats on your good fortune. And if you find the secret of making room for the winning lottery ticket let me know after you have proven it works, of course.

BTW being totally broke doesn't work. I tried that.

Unknown said...

Oh you bet if I ever find that secret I'll share :) I think it would be fun to try and give it away ya know?

Good to see you again. Amazing what continual stress tends to do to the muse eh? I'm happy where I am for the moment. It looks to be a good place and a different environment for me - that's guaranteed personal growth.

JBinford-Bell said...

Funny you should mention the fun of giving it away. That is always what comes up for me when I think of winning the lottery. I have a couple friends that sure could use some, and my sister has been there in my life a lot. But one of my best friends has wanted to go to Italy for decades. I would fund an extended trip for the two of us.

Then we get down to "causes."

Nice to see you making progress. It is all a journey.