Monday, May 23, 2011

I took Harold to DC Saturday


Actually Em and I took Harold to DC Saturday though I doubt Em noticed him.  *I* did though.  With every photo, every song, every OMG are they really wearing *that*? Harold was there.

The chili was interesting.  It's funny when they advertise hot and I'm thinking I'd feed it to a toddler.  In fact I raised Robert on spicy fare so he'd be thinking the same thing.  Cute names though.  I wish I would have wrote them down or taken more photos.

Photos which I'm still waiting to upload from my IPhone.  The service here in the building is as bad as it was there - well almost.  The signal down at RFK was non-existant most times.  That means I missed all the Yep We're Still Here facebook messages.

Music:  fun to hear music which I'm not that familiar.  I've not ventured into the genre of alternative rock but the two bands that stood out for me were Papa Roach and Weezer.  Weezer was just rock with interesting lyrics - very interesting at times.  Papa Roach brought back memories of  early KISS.  A little rough, a little tough, but still oddly enjoyable.

However, Harold wants to know just when boots with short short SHORT shorts came into play?  I swear he snarked in my ear all afternoon...and of course he whined because I only fed him 3 beers but at $8.00 a pop too bad my picky snarky muse that is IT.  I mollified him with a shockingly good Pinot Grigio later in the day.

Then he laughed at me all the way while I struggled up the stairs and thanked the dieties that I had put on a patch that morning forgoing the cigarettes.  Good thing too:  I wouldn't have had the breathe to climb those stairs and hills and walking oh my.

My butt feels like it was paddled but in true Harold tradition "Not in the way you wanted".  HA

Photos later - with the signal in this building probably MUCH later.

Many thanks to The Divine Ms Em for schlepping me - ok US - along.

and not laughing when we simply HAD to have the fritoh chili pie - you can take the chick out of redneckville but apparently you can't remove the redneck from the chick - not entirely anyway.

2 comments:

Cris said...

'Bout time Harold came back from sabbatical. I'm so glad to see you active again and chili 'n tunes sounds like the way to go. Read the other related blogs and just know I'm thinking about you and Jon and knowing that sometimes we each need time alone with our mischievous muse. But mixing beer and wine - danger zone!

Unknown said...

Hi Cris !!!!

Yes Harold took a bit of a sabbatical. Not hard to coax him out with beer, chili, and rock music though :)

I need to read back on yours. I've always loved your blogs and just haven't been keeping up - slacker that I am.

Think of you often dear friend.