Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dusting off the cobwebs



The things that have changed since the last time I wrote in here.  Too many to list, many too mundane to count.  Small things.  Large things.  Seemingly insurmountable things that are somehow scaled, then put behind in readiness for another day, another situation.

As you can see, Harold has been peeking out from where he's wont to hide when things get rough.  When the going gets tough, my muse heads for quieter places.  A gift of a new camera, coaxed him back for a bit and then somehow he wanted to talk again -- go figure.  While I bemoaned his gift of whispering to me in the shower, I find I miss it, startling though it could be.

The year of 46 has been a time of rediscovery and reinvention.  I'm finding myself slowly doing things that are best for me instead of the concern of everyone else.  I've decided to become a vegetarian.  We all know that I loathe anything that tends to get in a muss up the works.  Even though I'm currently on maintenance medication, I loathe that as well, however necessary it may be.  I'm in hopes that this path will eventually relieve me from that burden.

As for the monkeys, I've decided to abandon my re-discovered love affair with nicotine.  I had quit for quite a few years but when things went south, I aimed for the most readily available crutch.  That monkey is a mean, hungry monkey, but once it's off my back, I shall be happier.  I've also decided to quit feeding the caffeine junky.  It helps Jon.  It helps me.

This is still forever and always will be Harolds Blog.  He named it after all and no I still have no inkling from whence the name came.  However, in a rare moment of generosity, he has allowed some of Stephanie's personal life to visit because where would he get his flamboyant nature except from the colors and pallets of my past.  Pieces and patchworks of what mountain to be scaled will materialize here and there as always with a sprinkling of my muses sardonic wit - and captured memories.

I personally wanted to rename this blog To Touch The Sky.  Harold quietly told me to get my own blog if I had issues.

One does not argue with one's muse.

the photo above was taken at Virginia Beach May of 2010.  It was a bit of a pilgrimage for me as I'd left before age 3 and never been back.  We all know how Harold loves the water, witnessed by the photos taken.

3 comments:

Cris said...

I'll say something - that Harold's got balls as big as Texas "Don't Tread on Me!" Empathy on the nicotine Jones - still haven't kicked. But now, I can have a new obsession - stalking, er following Anonymous Spaghetti

JBinford-Bell said...

You (and Harold) have remained on my blogs I am following list through long months of neglect and I am always thrill to see that you have re-emerged.

I wish you well with the struggle with nicotine. But am totally thrilled coffee has not merely been given a thumbs up but prescribed by my neurologist.

As I read your blog I was thinking I should name my muse but I guess I already have - Charley.

Anyway. Welcome back. Look forward to more musings of Harold.

Unknown said...

Cris - yep Harold has a yard of balls :) He's quit surprising me in the shower though and has starting talking to me on my way to work. That's where my most recent blog came from: literally written on the way to work -- or should I say dictated to me on the way to work.

Jacqui - good to see you. Harold was quiet for a long time. I found I missed him. It's been a rollercoaster few years. Yes you've already named yours - Charley :)