Friday, May 23, 2008

Staking my claim



I am hereby reclaiming my life.

I cannot choose how others act but I can choose how I re-act to their actions.

I cannot always choose the circumstances, but I can choose to adapt to them.

I have the power over how I feel.

*******
I've been slacking off recently, not going to the gym and not watching what I eat, all in the guise of "well I've been depressed." Guess what? That's Bullshit. Yes some things have happened recently. Some of them have been posted here. Some have been posted elsewhere. Some just conveyed quietly to friends. Still other things I have been quietly attempting to deal with on my own.

So yes it sucks - majorly - many of the things that have happened in the last few years. However, I have my health, I have my job, and dammit I have my choices.

Henceforth, I will be responsible for myself and my choices.

I choose:
  • To watch what I eat, when I eat and more importantly what I eat
  • To excercise with some semblence of regularity because it makes ME feel good
  • To attempt to learn a new task or skill each day
  • To live without the actions of other affecting my behaviour
  • To live without fear or regret
  • To understand that Jon's disease is just that - his disease and his responsibility
  • To focus on the positive
  • To understand each new day is just that - a new day; a new beginning.
So that's that. Sometimes it just has to be said. Sometimes it has to be read.
Sometimes it just has to be.
*****
I took the photo above last year in Washington. The city squirrels are afraid of nothing. That chutzpah is something I rather admire. Perhaps I should take a page from their book eh?

No comments: