Friday, November 9, 2007

To be Anti-social



Today I had such a pang of longing for the old Yahoo 360. Of course that didn't last as I tried to check my Yahoo mail and found the system was down.

*sigh*

The things they mess up.

I do miss my online community though.

Anyway I might eventually have to cave and wander back to Multiply. This entire change came at the absolutely worst time for me -- I had just closed my page down to a very few people and BAM on multiply I had dozens of requests perday --- of people I didn't know and people I did know and people who had changed their names so I knew them but didn't think I did ... too much too fast. When I needed to circle the wagons I had chaos.

Thanks - 's all the same I had chaos at home. I didn't want more.

I still don't. Not yet.

For now I think I'll embrace my anti-sociality ... until things calm down in my personal life for a while.

the picture above is of Essie - a cat we're fostering for a friend of mine. It was taken summer 2007

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah everyone is so spread out now, I have to vist 4 sites to stay caught up with everyone. Its ok now, I got time, but when I go back to work, its not going to be possible.
I really dont like multiply and of course that where everyone seems to be. Oh well will do it while I can.

nightowl said...

I like it this way, visiting different sites, the community is spread out but it's the people that count, not the blogging site, so there's always time to visit friends. In 360 we had those long lists and only half those people there were active, others had left long ago.
You can always go back to Multiply, it's a nice place after you get used, at first I found it a bit too much like Mash, now I'm learning to enjoy it.
Have a great Sunday, hugs.

Unknown said...

I know Anne - that is my one big concern - that I'll lose track of my closer 360 friends.

Unknown said...

LOL Leave it to you Lina to enjoy the diversity :D. I have a Wordpress site btw and if you look at my comments on yours you'll have the link. Frankly it's a bit boring and mostly reviews and such. I also caved and recreated a multiply account and sent you an invite - you know just in case yahoo does something stupid --- again.

I just couldn't take the chaos. I know it sounds so trite but I'm still a bit fragile --- everything has changed so very rapidly. I went from Mother's stroke to Jon's diagnosis and I'm still trying to make sense of everything .... I only wish it was working better.

btw - I sent you an invite on Multiply. I'm hoping to find Deb because I miss her as well.

Unknown said...

I miss 360 a lot, I still have my page although it's closed now, and I get quite upset for how great it used to be. Multiply isn't the same but I'm getting used to it, although I don't feel about it in the same way.

Just take your time, don't force it. I'm sure there'll come a moment when you can't resist getting back into the swing - and we'll all be there for you.:)

Unknown said...

Trust me Fran I completely understand. Multiply is simply a substitute for me as well ... for now anyway.

Who knows? Yahoo could pull this off and we'd be saying 360 what?

heh

JBinford-Bell said...

Multiply scares me. Scared me so much I deleted my account there. It won't even let me visit.

Interesting you mentioned Yahoo problem when you went there because lately it has been miraculously glitch free. What's up with that?

Yes, as nightowl said it is about people and not the site but since Multiply won't let me visit there does get to be some site issues like when you couldn't open your yahoo mail.