Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I had to laugh at work today



again not that Manderly quote but again I'm not an author ........



With the holidays upon us, our VP of Admin sent out a memo stating what days the offices would be closed, what days the offices would be closed early, and what times of the early closings.


We're closed Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas Day and New Years Day. We close early (at noon) on Monday Christmas Eve and Monday New Years Eve.


This poses a rather challenging aspect to my particular position as 1) I'll have to do a 2 day job in 1 day (because of time constraints --- banks are closed on Christmas and New Years) but now 2) I'll have to do a 2 day job in about a 1/2 day 3) Christmas Eve is the last payroll of 2007 (payrolls are figured by paydate so of course Dec 31 would be paid in 2008) and as such has a lot of last minute adjustments.


My CFO (my boss) was less than sympathetic until I reminded him that it affected him as well.


Misery - it do love company :)

the photo above was taken this summer (2007) of Jake - a cat that we're currently fostering for a friend. He tends to have that look quite often -- as if he's silently judging the world

No comments: