Monday, June 2, 2014

Creative Solutions for Small Living



So what does one do when they have glassware and china but doesn't have the dining room space for a conventional china hutch?  Enter the curio cabinet.  This is the one Jon picked.  I was dubious but after putting them together (yes I got 2 - one for each corner) I must say that it's a good move.

As you can see, no wasted space.  In a small apartment, that is a must.  Plus with my glass and chrome dining table it works.

We did the less-is-more with some creative solutions for bookcases.  Enter IKEA on that one.  We were very limited how deep they could be in the living room without blocking the walkway.  We checked every place we could, measured the ikea bookcase we currently have, and ended up ordering 2 more.

Having to think outside the box as it were ... I just wish when it was outside the box, it was already assembled.

I can't take credit for the photo - that is the photo that is used on Amazon where we purchased the curio cabinets.  When I get the dining room finished, I'll post photos.

2 comments:

TheDivineMsEm said...

very cute.....

Unknown said...

Oddly enough Em, they're working quite well. My big platters won't fit nor will my punchbowl but everything else does.