Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hiding from work


...and if you're reading this Work - I'm just kidding

Things are cruising along.  Just like they are wont to do.  Jon is on disability, I work too many hours, and even though we have severely curtailed our social life, I'm still tired all the time.

My doctor tells me it's stress.  ok - don'tcha love that?  then they don't tell you what to do about it.  OK, well mine did.  I have a script for xanax for stress induced insomnia.

Slowly, Jon and I are settling into our new life:  that of the one wageearner household.  He's still on short term disability until mid this month.  Then we fight the battle of long term disability.  That should prove to be interesting to say the least.  In the era of recession, more and more disability claims are being scrutinized to bare bones or - worse yet - completely denied.  While Parkinsons is pretty straight forward as to it's disability status, due to his early onset, we might have issues.

It will be what it will be.

Meanwhile, I shall be taking Harold again to the DC 101 Chili Cookoff in May.  As you recall, he had a blast last year.  This year there shall be more photos but - no I promise - none of the bikini / ugg boots combo that we saw all too much of last year.

it's worth giving up a nap for I must say :)

No comments: