Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Harold insisted :)


Since this year July 4th falls on a Friday and July 5th falls on a Saturday, Jon and I decided to spend that weekend in Baltimore. Yes I know it's a little bit silly (just a little) when we're so close but I remember the unending marathon of 2006 when it was so very hard to get OUT of Baltimore after fireworks. With a hotel room, this won't happen. We're also staying in a lovely lil area 1/2 between Fells Point and The Inner Harbor -- Little Italy.

Yes pictures will be taken. These are the photos from July 4 2006.

Besides, I've been to The Capitol for July 4th celebrations and frankly I think Baltimore is more user friendly and has much nicer fireworks displays. When faced with the lovely idea of a 3 day weekend and where to celebrate Independence Day AND my birthday it really was a no brainer.

Of course Harold insisted I let it be known -- in case anybody happens to wander up Baltimore way and wants to say hi.

We may do a tour, we might do another visit to Poe House (which I've not photographed before), we may just wander around Fells Point and Little Italy -- the plans are deliberately loose. We don't have to get a spot and be locked in (ala The Capitol last I was there) and hey if it rains (which less than friendly people have taunted me with) then by damned it rains.

It's not like we'll melt or anything .....

*****
The photo above is from July 4, 2006, (Inner Harbor Baltimore) where I found that allllll day plus hours getting out afterwards rather takes the joy out of the excursion ;)

No comments: