Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter



What a different Easter this one is.

Last year I had Robert and Mom for here for Easter. I remember trying to find things that Mom would want to eat (picky eater) and listening to her remember back when we colored dozens of eggs for the kids to hide ... Easters on the farm, Easters back in Newkirk.
This year it's just Jon and myself. This is my first holiday without Mom. Yes that sounds strange but Mom never had husbands -- or inlaws -- for very long so holidays revolved around making her feel welcome and not alone. Especially as an adult, holidays were held at my house and yes Mom was always in attendence.

Jon did suggest going out to eat but I need to see who/what I am when I'm not tayloring holiday meals around someone who doesn't like pasta, doesn't like scalopped potatoes, doesn't like ham . This year for Easter it's ham, macaroni and cheese (homemade thankyouverymuch), green beans, salad, and carrot cake and to be very strange, part of this morning will be spent at the gym.


OK so it's different - yes I realize that - but it *is* a start.



**the picutre was taken last year @ Easter and you'll notice we had a bit of a snowstorm. This year it's forecasted for flurries but I don't see that happening ......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this holiday will seem very strange for you but I hope you enjoy some of it at least. Take care
Wendy