Friday, November 2, 2007

Why 4 a.m.


Why would one ever choose to wake before dawn?

Why would one choose to get up while it's still dark, quiet, and even a bit chilly?

ahhhhhhhhhh that would be why.

These times in the morning are near sacred to me. The peace and quiet of a silent household - the only sounds being our furry felines. The one time that I can quietly approach the day. I don't mind company providing it's quiet - or at least purrring. This is when I recharge my batteries. The day brings hustle and bustle, the night brings nightmares from which I beg to awake. Only the predawn hours bring peace and solitude.

This is the one time just for me.

Selfish? You BETCHA !

4 comments:

JBinford-Bell said...

I am with you on the early morning. I like it when the pets having been fed go back to sleep while I sit here and blog or read blogs. It is totally my time. No telephones, no contractors, no television. Just me and a cup of coffee. And my friends in blogland.

Nice to reconnect with you here. Blogger is like the hours before dawn for me. It is free of stress and oh so quiet. A real stress reducer.

Enjoy it and don't feel guilty.

Susan said...

My kitties are very familiar with this time of the day but not me. Sounds good though. have a good day

Anonymous said...

I'm not a morning person so I wouldnt willingly be up at that hour, but I can understand the tranquility it brings to some. It sort of like midnight for me.

Unknown said...

The early mornings are wonderful aren't they Jacqui. That is when I miss the farm and the country the most -- I used to sit outside and watch the farm come to life having my first cup of coffee (and yes my first cigarette) of the morning. I still enjoy watching the world come to life but now I do it inside and without the requisite smokes.

Susan, how do they not wake you up? Mine start about 15 minutes before the alarm. I've decided to quietly call a truce and share the morning with them providing they are respectful of it.

Anne, my grandmother was a midnight to 3 a.m. gal. That was her favorite time of the day and when she was most at peace. I just start a bit later than she did ;)