Monday, June 4, 2007

Mine is bigger than yours

So it would appear another terror plot has been foiled. Yay. Go team.

...but...what is all this 'it would've been worse than 9/11', 'it couldn't possibly have been as bad as 9/11' (paraphrased off the overnight news) argument over this? What are they thinking?

I say to them: does it matter? Is this a valid reason for argument?

I understand the need to benchmark all things in the US against 9/11 but it just reduces the participants to a 'my daddy is bigger than yours' argument that frankly makes me sickened to be a citizen of this nation. It's such a waste of resources to have our 'best and brightest' (a debatable point that) simply argue what was worse.

Why not argue for a better America? wouldn't that be more enjoyable to watch and *gasp* maybe actually SOLVE SOMETHING?

((yes I live in a fantasy land rose colored glasses and all. Feel free to join me - there's always room for one more to tilt at windmills and wish we thus for a better world))

No comments: